BRAKE SPLITTER & BOOSTER
Designed especially for riders who need to control the front and rear brakes with a single arm, the brake splitter & booster distributes the brake power of 2 brakes with a single lever.
It allows the adjustment of the lever touch according to your preferences, thus extending its lifespan.
When distributing the braking power of 2 brakes with a single lever, the problem can arise that there is not enough power to operate both. However, we’ve added a dial-adjustable reservoir tank to increase brake force enough to deliver the oil pressure that you decide.
* The Outbraker Brake Splitter & Booster was the winner with the GOLD badge at the prestigious 2020 Taipei Cycle D & I Awards for its design and level of innovation.
INCREASE BRAKING POWER
Up to 180%
Of the hydraulic system
1 LEVER 2 BRAKES
Distribute the braking
Outbraker is compatible with all hydraulic brakes on the market
|Material: aluminum and stainless steel|
|Weight: 24 g|
|Dimensions: 29,8 x 29,9 x 21,5 mm|
|Power range: up to 180%|
|Warranty: 3 years|
- Remove the brake hose from the lever using an 8mm wrench
- Install the Outbraker Brake Splitter & Booster onto the desired brake lever using a 12mm wrench
- Tighten the connecting bolt using an 8mm wrench while holding the brake cable into the body of the Outbraker.
- Bleed and add oil (Follow the instructions in the manual of the brand you are using)
- Adjust the desired position using the 0.9mm hex key included in the package.
The Outbraker Brake Booster (OBPB) is regulated by its characteristic Red Dial. You can adjust the braking power and the feel of the lever, keeping the brake performance constant throughout the life of the pads.
The OBPB comes with the Dial in “Neutral Position” (oil tank open to the maximum) so that braking is not affected. To activate the OBPB and increase the stopping power, we must turn the Dial clockwise.
The system supports up to 4 full 360º turns. The increase in stopping power occurs gradually, so the best way to find the optimal setting is through the feel of the lever.
It is important to install the Outbraker with the Dial in “Neutral Position” (counterclockwise).
The maximum power point is only recommended when there is really no touch on the lever. Between the initial setting point of 0º and the maximum of 1440º (360º x 4) there is an extensive adjustment possibility that allows to adapt to any situation.
Warning: we do not recommend turning the dial to the maximum as it is too much power and could even burst the internal circuit of the lever